I am always trying to find quick, easy meals I can prepare in advance so I can just grab ‘n go in the morning as we are rushing out the door to daycare and work. I love making egg muffins or oat bakes because you just have to mix up the ingredients and throw it in the oven.
This week, I was lazy and didn’t do any meal prep on Sunday. I woke up on Monday morning bummed I didn’t have anything ready for the week so naturally I decided to start meal prepping at 6am. I quickly threw together this recipe and I am super happy with how it came out. It is moist, but not too moist, and sweet, but not too sweet. It is filling and easy to make and it will last you all week which means it meets all my criteria!
Emerson even ate it for dinner last night which is an added bonus. I love when we have meals prepped that the whole family can enjoy!
This breakfast was inspired by Tone It Up Blueberry Lemon Zest Muffins. I added some protein and took out some sugar. You can drizzle with maple syrup or top with a dallop of peanut butter. Both would be amazing additions to this berry delicious breakfast!
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain oats
- 1 scoop Tone It Up Vanilla Protein
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 lemon, juiced (save the rind for zest at the end, optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- coconut oil spray
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients (except blueberries)
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together
- Fold in the blueberries
- Spray a baking pan with coconut oil spray and add mixture
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Sprinkle with lemon zest